Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Hearts


The chocolate shop in my hometown makes these amazingly yummy peanut butter candies that are wrapped in peanut butter candy, yes, not chocolate but peanut butter!!!! I absolutely love love these delights but obviously making them is less expensive than buying them.

I decided last night to run to the store to get ingredients...Reese's Peanut butter chips, confectioners sugar and organic peanut butter. I try to use organic ingredients as much as possible, even though they obviously cost more, but I am hoping in the long run it will save me money in the doctors office...if you don't know what I'm talking about, watch Food Inc., which is in my opinion is the modern wake up call of the century just like Upton Sinclair's The Jungle was in the 20th...but I digress....


So these little dreams are Reese's peanut butter chips on the outside and peanut butter balls on the inside. I choose a heart shaped mold since its almost Valentines Day, but the originals are squares that appear to be hand dipped. I actually think that is the better design, as mine didn't have much room for the filling, but mine are sooo cute!

I am going to try these again with Wilton's Peanut Butter melts. I had to add cream to the Reese's once they were melted. That will have to wait another week for my Valentines Day candy making marathon!!!! Until then, stay tuned because I will be posting treats for game day later this week!!!!

Happy Baking!
Sweet Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment